Saturday, December 06, 2008

I have thawed!

I have water, I have drainage... I'm ecstatic.
I bought $250.00 worth of oiled canvas and put snaps all around my trailer. I cut the canvas into 4' strips and hung it all around, and I put a milk-house heater underneath the trailer. Then I waited. All night long I wondered if it would work.
I woke up this morning and my drains are empty and I can finally do my dishes.
Yesterday working outside I got so cold, my pinkies hurt, my skin hurt, but I was determined to finish. Megabyte stayed with me the whole time, but he tried to stay in the sun. When we came inside for a break, I noticed he was shivering. That's when I decided to turn the heater on. When the dog starts shivering, you know it's cold. When I finished I put the drain plug in the bathtub and took a shower. The drain plug was to warm up my feet. After the shower, my skin was still cold, so I turned on my heating pad and used it for 10 minutes on each part of my skin. It's been a long time since I was this cold. Quite invigorating it was...
So now I have a brown canvas skirt around my trailer. Looks pretty good, and it helps keep the inside of the trailer warm also. I think I just might survive the winter in this thing.
Today, I need to refill the other propane bottle so I don't run out, fill up the truck with real gasoline, and buy the last package of snaps from Lowe's. I'm not quite sure how to skirt the front of the trailer where the hitch sticks out, that is the only part I didn't get to finish. Then, if I feel warm enough, I just might shave my legs.
But then again, it might be interesting to see if they do grow out to look like a golden marmoset...

Thanks for listening.
MsAmber

No comments: