Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve in Missouri

It's snowing this morning. I'm stocked up and thawed out. I have no reason to go anywhere until work on Monday... snug as a bug in a rug. Well, I may need milk, but I can get that at the convenience store around the corner. I still must fire up the truck every day, in this cold it's best to do that. I put in a new battery, but I find that it's hard to start if I let it set for more than two days. Cantankerous old truck, she is. Funny, I've always named my vehicles and I've had this one for over a year now and haven't given her a name. Penelope sounds too frou frou. Quasar is too high-tech. I know... Imelda! My truck is certainly an Imelda. Always needing new shoes, too. I dub thee Imelda! (poof)
I bought a pre-fab potroast kit. All the vegetables are cut up and the spice packet and the meat are included. You just dump it all into a slow cooker and let it go. I'm going to put that on the stove today. Eh, what the heck, it was on sale. I was reaching under the sink for my iron skillets and found that the sink has been leaking and they were all full of water. I took brillo pads to all of them, they were full of rust and yuck. It will be a long time before I get my iron skillets back to normal, I just lost months' worth of seasoning on the surface. My cast-iron roaster is what I'm using today, I sure hope it doesn't turn the food iron-black like a new skillet does.
I'm so thrilled that it's snowing. It looks pretty outside. Megabyte went out and took care of his business, but when he came back in, he ran straight for the bed and curled up under the covers where I was just laying. Funny dog, but now I've got to change the sheets again. What a dork! He doesn't seem to mind the cold when we are both outside, but he doesn't like it when he's by himself. If I were to go out there with him, he would prance around and act like he likes it. Sometimes I wonder what goes through his head. He is such a wonderful companion, though.
The toggle switch that I rigged up for my windshield wipers quit working. I know it's the switch because it won't flip and it's sparking out. I bought a new toggle switch so I need to go pull the wiring harness and re-wire in the new one. That's on my agenda for today.
I'm going to take a hot shower and get bundled up for the day.
You have a great Christmas Eve.
Thanks for listening.
MsAmber

No comments: