Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wow! The wind is so strong that I barely got the door open to let the dog out. It is blowing at about 30+ mph straight into the side of the trailer this morning. I really, really, really don't want to go outside. Meg didn't stay out very long. I saw him go pee on two things then he was right back at the door. Usually when it's windy, he doesn't like to be inside the trailer because it rocks.
Yesterday, we pulled a 300 pair and two innerducts into a 4" pipe between building 1 and building 7. Then we pulled 3 runs of 12 strand freedom fiber into one of the innerducts. So today the guys are going to terminate all the copper and pull a few short runs of feeder. Tomorrow they will install the paging system in building 45. As soon as they get done with those two jobs, then they (and I) can leave Amarillo. Phase two doesn't start until January. All the Ponca City crews are being freed up this week so the company has a lot of people to re-dispatch. I opted to take the next week off and go to my Dad's. The way I see it, there's no need to send me to a new job for three days before the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, and it's a lot of driving for me. I called my Dad and asked him to research an RV park in the area. I'll just spend a week in Ft. Worth and visit family, maybe do a little work on the trailer that I've been too busy to get done. I have vacation days saved up, may as well use them before I lose them.
OK, that was scary. I just heard a piercing alarm sound and I looked around for the source. The gas hot water heater couldn't kick on because the wind is blowing directly into it, so my gas leak detector went off. The wind is blowing the gas directly into the trailer and it couldn't ignite the burners. It's all ok now, but it made me jump a mile high out of my chair. I usually kick on the gas hot water heater before I shower because the electric alone makes it so I run out of hot water just as I am rinsing the conditioner out of my hair. I get a few more seconds of hot water if I turn on the gas part. The good news is: now I know the gas leak detector works! Bad news is: it brings a new meaning to the saying "run through the shower".
Ha Ha!
I really really really don't want to go outside.
Did I mention that?

Thanks for listening,
MsAmber

No comments: