Friday, November 21, 2008

It's Friday!

The wind stopped blowing. Thank God for that. Yesterday was a bear.
I had to do some major figuring-out yesterday. We received paging equipment for this job, but it wasn't simple cut-and-dried. I had to make a chinese blueprint and expand the existing paging system by adding one zone and then extracting a subzone to send down to building 45. It was a matter of following wires to figure out what they do and where they go to make sense of it all, then repeat it. Seems pretty simple, huh? That's what I thought. I wired in the new components just like the old ones, and left the wires hanging out for the missing component. I called the office to inquire about the missing component and found out that "They don't make those anymore. Just wire it up straight." So then I had to think my way out of the box. It was quite complex, to say the least. I got it all figured out now, I guess you could say I learned a new brand of paging system that I've never gotten to play with before. The brand was Lucent/Valcom. I used to know Valcom, but I haven't had a chance to learn their new Lucent/Valcom products.
This is the stuff that makes my job fun, and the reason I love getting up in the morning. If a company could just understand that, they would know how to hang on to me. All I need is interesting work, a pat on the back now and again, and always deal straight with me, and I'll be the best employee they ever had.
I need to clean my truck out, vacuum it and wash it. I'm also out of clean clothes, which is amazing considering that I own 14 pairs of jeans. I also need to get my propane refilled, gas up the truck, top off the power steering fluid and oil. I'm anxious to get rolling again. I think maybe I'll just hit a truck wash on the road so I can get the camper washed also. That costs like $55.00 but they always do a great job.
My back aches something fierce this morning and I feel that derned sinus headache starting. I think I'll take some Advil and "run through the shower".
Thanks for listening.
MsAmber

No comments: