Friday, November 23, 2007

November 23, 2007

I've been playing with my guitar lately. I had set it aside because I felt like I wasn't making any progress. Now, I've started at page 1 and read and practiced all the way up to page 10, and that's about when it lost me. I need to hear someone play the tune I'm stuck on, so I know what it's supposed to sound like.
I gave up on learning tabulature and decided to learn how to read music at the same time I'm learning how to play the guitar. Only now, I don't have the benefit of a teacher to ask questions of.
So... I'll just keep on practicing the early fundamentals until I can figure out the next part.
I've always imagined myself playing the guitar. Fantasizing about it, actually. Me with my long blonde hair sitting indian-style by a campfire and singing funny old songs like "Big Rock-Candy Mountains". So I'm going to learn how to play the guitar. Period. No more procrastinating, I've got nothing but time and I'm out of good books to read.
Anyway, I gotta get back after it... I'm on the third string.

Hugs and jack-o'-lanterns,
MsAmber

No comments: