Monday, April 03, 2006

I Wasn't Tagged by Nicole

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 24 and find line 5:
"...suddenly been compelled to dance around this dimly lit base-..."
May This House Be Safe From Tigers Alexander King

2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, what do you find?
My husbands flight bag which he always places in front of the printer. It keeps his maps and flight logbook and any magazine he picks up.

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
Besides the music channel with it's seldom changing label screen (They really should allow you to download screensavers with that.) Ummm. Last night we watched a sci fi miniseries episode of the DragonKing or Dark Kingdom, or something like that. I dunno, I purge things. I just looked at the DVR menu to remember what we watched and it's been deleted. Must have been unremarkable.

4. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
There is a big speaker right next to my right ear playing "No Goodbyes" by The Subways. I just became aware of it and realized it was jangling my nerves. Thank goodness it ended. Now I hear "Keep It Loose, Keep It Tight" by Amos Lee (I thought it was called "Over The Rainbow") Nice song.

5. When did you last step outside?
I just came inside. I took a couple of gourds out front and primered them with green Rustoleum.

6. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
I can't remember. Another thing I've purged. Must have been unremarkable.

7. What are you wearing?
A brown cotton 3/4 sleeve hippy pullover top with turquoise embroidery and a matching long broomstick skirt and white hanes socks. Brass bangle bracelets and brass colored hoop earrings and a long strand of beads for a necklace. Two barettes in my hair.

8. Did you dream last night?
I'm sure I did. But I don't remember it either. Maybe I purged it? Must have been unremarkable.
(Deja Vu)

9. When did you last laugh?
I was assembling a table with a lamp yesterday at my neice's house. They are all a bunch of comediennes.

10. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Knights and Maidens. Mideival themed framed posters - but you can't really tell. I have two Leightons, two Waterhouses, and a Dicksee. In between spaces I have mounted swords, shields, coat-of-arms, and candle sconces.

11. Seen anything weird lately?
I see weird stuff all the time... I found one of those balls from which an insect is incubated. It was pretty, like a little Easter-egg. I used Rob's pocketknife to show him where these little buggers come from, and dissected it for him. There is a breed of little 'wasps' who fly in and sting a tree. The tree has an allergic reaction to the sting, so it encapsulates the embryo in a 'fruit'. The larvae draws all his nourishment from inside this little pseudo-fruit, and when it is dried out, the little wasp eats his way out, leaving a tiny hole. Next year she will return to the same tree, and sting it several times. So this little dried 'fruit' hull is the evidence. They are pretty little hollow balls, along the lines of a tiny gourd. I think they are kinda cool looking.

12. What do you think of this quiz?
Definitely breaks the boredom.

13. What is the last film you saw?
King Kong. (Again)
We love the dinosaur stampede, that has the coolest special effects we've seen. And it goes on and on.

14. Four people who you’d like to complete this survey:
Flubberwinkle , Flamingo , Drea .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA! Very original idea, Ms. Amber.

I'm sorry I didn't tag you. I always seem to leave SOMEONE out! :(