Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Why Me? Ouch!

I donated blood again today. I think they've got it in for me. In October the girl Glenda poked me in the left arm, and I clogged the needle. So they bandaged me up and stuck the right arm. Today, they poked me in the right arm, and after twisting that huge needle around and wobbling it side-to-side, they decided to bandage it up and go after the left arm.
I'm beginning to look like a junkie just from donating. The damn needles are bigger than pencil-lead. They always bruise me, and now they are leaving puncture scars. May as well rub some India ink into the hole to tattoo it. That way the girls won't have to search for the vein each time.
Good Grief. I should go to work as a phlebotomist. I'm sure I could do it easier and more accurately than OBI.
But I DO love the t-shirts they give, and the neon pink bandage, and the brownies with nuts, and the mountain dew, and the hour off work, and ...

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Yeah, but you're my hero for donating this time of year when there's usually such a huge shortage.

I tried giving blood years back but they told me that they couldn't accept my contribution since I'm anemic. You're doing this for BOTH of us!

Romeo Whiskey said...

Your my Hero MsAmber and always will be. I will kiss your boo-boos when I get home dear.