Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy Happy 2006!

Another Brilliantly Successful Party.
It's 1:30 in the afternoon, and we are finally done cleaning up after the bash last night.
Not to be conceited; but I DO throw a damn good party...
Alcohol Totals:
Bottle of Old Granddad
Bottle of Jose Cuervo
20 pack Budweiser Special
6 pack Rock Green Light
6 pack Amber Bock
6 pack Smirnoff Green Apple
4 pack Strawberry Daquiries
4 pack Citrus wine coolers
4 Bottles of Champagne (2 white, 2 pink)

We played Poker all night long, and watched concert DVDs. A friend brought over one that I hadn't seen. David Bowie. Oooh. I used to sooo be in love with him. The younger couple that came said: "Isn't he the guy from 'Labyrinth'?"
Everybody said I was hot. (No, not the good-lookin' kind of hot). When they hugged me, it felt like I was running a fever and I kept wanting the doors and windows open for fresh air. While everyone else was putting on sweaters. Well, except Kathy and I. We were roasting. I think it's a middle-age thing. I remember when I was the cold one... ha ha ha.
Today, the temperature is in the mid 70's, and I have the doors and windows open to air out all the cigarette smoke.
I served snacks, chips and dips and pretzels and a bowl of candy bars, and popcorn. I made one of my famous pots of black-eyed peas with bacon. Around 10:00 pm, everyone ate a bowl of peas.
Ok. I've got the hangover thing going on now, since my chores are all done, I think I'm going to take a mid-afternoon nap.
Goodnight.
MsAmber

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That afternoon nap sounds like a good plan!

Oh and I will probably not drink that amount of alcohol in LIFE. I will live vicariously through you guys. :)

Drea said...

Wow mid 70's... must be nice! Its so yucky here. Rainy and cold. They are calling for snow 2nite.

Oh MsAmber Travis finally made a post today. Check it out.