Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The call of nature is stronger than loyalty

Here's the latest domestic fun.
I dropped by my veterinarian Thursday last, and asked for a bottle of antibiotics for Megabyte, I also mentioned that I would soon be bringing in my new german shepherd, Brinka, to get spayed and have a cyst removed from her waddle.
Friday last, she "blossomed". Of course Megabyte noticed immediately, and he started trying to romance Brinka. Husband woke at 10:00, saw a menses trail throughout the house, called me at work and we escalated the situation to CODE RED.
We started that complicated ballet called "Keep Them Apart".
I have always taken pride in the fact that my dogs are so well behaved. Any person who knows me would gladly take one of my dogs in. I spend time with them, talk to them, work with them, and teach them manners. I will get rid of a dog that won't learn or mind. I require obedience without a leash. That's my main training. I don't want them wallowing on my guests, or scaring little children who are afraid of dogs, or running out into the street.
Monday morning, I took Brinka to the vet, she had her surgeries and now her belly and neck are both shaved. Because she had already started being in heat, she still has the scent. I have to keep them separate for another week so she can heal.
Megabyte has turned into a FREAK! He won't mind, he's scratching at the door and barking, he is pacing to and fro, and he whines with every breath; a very high pitched, irritating whine that makes my ears hurt and makes me want to go kick something, and he never stops. I put him in the garage for a time-out this evening, because I swear, I couldn't take it anymore. I want to crank up the stereo to drown out his whining. When I make him lay down beside my chair, he lays there and shivvers, I can see his skin crawling. I know the poor dude has blueballs. I'm so sorry about that, I really am, but damn. Give it up!
We are going to ship Megabyte out to the Mother-in-law's farm for a week starting tomorrow. It will help him get it off his mind until I can shampoo the carpets and Brinka can heal a little.
It will also keep me from going insane and kicking my husband and divorcing my dog.

The call of nature is stronger than loyalty.

MsAmber

3 comments:

MsAmber said...

Ha ha ha ha ha.
That is righteously funny.
Actually, I think He could say that about Me...

MsAmber

Anonymous said...

This isn't what you'd call a "snappy comeback," but I like the line about "Code Red."

Flubberwinkle said...

Ahhh, the call of the wild and a sex drive that just won't quit! Shipping Megabyte out is the best solution until everything cools off. Patience Ms Amber!