Thursday, January 19, 2006

7 Things Tag

7 Things To Do Before I Die:
Tour the Amazon River and swim with the native children.
Learn another language like Farsi or Portugese.
Have a shelter for wayward teens, or open a hostel.
Get my tummy into a condition that I can wear a midriff top.
(not that I WOULD wear a midriff top)
Learn to play guitar and sing ONE good song in public.
Learn to skateboard just enough to not be embarrassing to the kids.
Quit Smoking.

7 Things I Cannot Do:
Rollerblade.
Leave a homeless person to freeze by the road.
Tolerate a person who stays in an abusive relationship.
Stay inside a halloween haunted house.
Skydive without hyperventilating.
Use a handicapped toilet. (I can't pee with my feet dangling.)
Clean up somebody else's puke without puking myself.

7 Things That Attract Me To Blogging:
Reading interesting P.O.V.s
Manipulating Html and XML to make things work.
Thinking that somebody actually cares what I have to say.
Sitting at my computer in the evening instead of sitting at my TV.
Arguing without yelling.
Playing tricks on unsuspecting victims. (I'm still chuckling about the mouse test.)
Being an open book for everyone to read.

7 Things I Say Most Often:
"DadGummit!"
"Dude!"
"Fixin'" (I'm fixin' to go to the store.)
"Right-click on the Start Button and go to Explore."
"What Operating System are you using?"
"Move it Lady, the Gas pedal is the one on the right."
"Yezzum?"

7 Books I Love:
May Your House Be Free From Tigers - Alexander King
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
The Source - James Michener
King Rat - James Clavell
Harry Potter - J.K.Rowling
Hobbit and Trilogy - J.R.R.Tolkien
Another Roadside Attraction - Tom Robbins

7 Series' I Would Watch Over And Over:
Star Trek Voyager
The Triangle
Lonesome Dove
Little House On the Prairie
Going Tribal
National Geographic Explorer
Xena - Warrior Princess

Okay - If you read this, you have been Tagged!

MsAmber

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to hear DadGummit and Yezzum(sic?) more often. One series I could watch over and over was the 2004 World Series when the Red Sox won. Actually I take that back. That was kind of a boring series though the outcome was great from my point of view.

MsAmber said...

People always comment because I say "Yes, ma'am?" and "Yes, sir?", and I tell them that I even say it to children. Still, they protest. So I've abbreviated it to be a MsAmberism. "Yezzum?"
It works, and it allows me to be Southern AND good mannered.
MsAmber

Flubberwinkle said...

"Right-click on the Start Button and go to Explore."
LOL! If we only had a penny for each time... huh?

Bob Hoeppner said...

>Tolerate a person who stays in an abusive relationship.

Yeah, I know some women who've done that. I just don't get it. They all say the same thing: "well, he has good qualities" etc.

>Right-click on the Start Button and go to Explore.

LOL! Yeah, what flubberwinkle said.