Saturday, December 10, 2005

Wisdom From Granny Clampett


Ms. Daisy Moses aka: Granny Clampett, real name Irene Ryan.

She was a woman 'way ahead of her time and a really cool old bird, at that.

Born in 1902 in San Antonio Texas, and died in Los Angeles in 1982.

There were a few verbal gems that were uttered by her character on "The Beverly Hillbillies" that I would like to share with you.

Wisdom By Granny...
"If ya can't sleep, it's cuz yer kitchen floor ain't clean. Git up and scrub that kitchen floor, you'll sleep like a baby when yer through."

"Elly May! Don't spit from a moving vehicle. You gotta wait till it's stopped."

Granny: "Remember what William Jennings Bryan said, "fight hard but fight clean!"
Jethro: "But you ain't fightin' clean Granny!"
Granny: "Course I ain't, William Jennings Bryan was a loser!"

She thinks she's talkin' to someone....ain't even a cord there..hee hee hee...

MsAmber

2 comments:

Flubberwinkle said...

I loved this show! I guess all grannies (both virtual and non-virtual) are loaded with wisdom!

Nicole said...

I used to watch that show tons in reruns when I was a kid. Along with Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, My Three Sons, Car 54 Where Are You and the Addams Family.

Now I don't remember ANY of them.