Saturday, November 05, 2011

The Project is STARTING! Yayyyy.

All new project. All new challenges.
I've started receiving materials. I've set up my office and I'm nearly done with the numbering of the prints and the spreadsheets.

All my tools are unloaded from the truck, sorted, and stacked in my office. The campershell is off my truck. Boy, does the truck look weird without the campershell.

I held a training class for two of the guys on my crew for the Forklift. One of the guys is as enthusiastic as I used to be. He's having fun running the forklift. I love to see someone embrace something new like that. I was always that person - thrilled to learn what others consider mundane.

I left all my work AT WORK, so this weekend is all freed up to relax. I might clean out the spare bedroom, maybe clean out the truck. Otherwise, I'll be painting and drinking coffee. I bought a pot roast and some carrots. That will satisfy my urge to smell something cooking. I also bought some pie-crust mix and a jar of apple pie filling. Maybe I'll bake an Apple Pie! Since I don't have to worry about the recipe, just assembly, I'll make the lattice-work top for it and sprinkle it with sugar and cinnamon. I haven't done that in years.

Mmmm. Apple Pie!

Have a great day!
MsAmber

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I have not read the pages of Wilderness Girl in a very long time. This morning drinking my coffee I did some catch up reading. I never get too emotional these days, but I have to admit my eyes weld up with tears, because I started my read from the beginning of last May. I still think of Meg all the time, but reading and knowing what you were going through hurt to the bone. I wish I could have been within reach of you during that time to help you as you did me in a very similar situation. God did a very good thing the day that he brought you both together. By the end of my read I was smiling again knowing things are going well for you. Someday I may take all your writing here to a publisher, we might both get to retire early.
Everything is going well for me so far. I had to ditch the Challenger last Friday. I hated it but, I had no choice. What got me through it is thinking if everything works out for me at MTSC this next year I am going to score on a new bike for the street & track a ZX14. So looking forward to that keeps my mind positive. I guess you have seen were I am custom modifying the CBR so Dandelion can race with me next season. Man is that going to be good times, sharing my knowledge and see her take off like a rocket like she does with most everything that she takes on.
Well take care Wilderness Girl and I will start remembering to check your pages more often, they are always a interesting read. You always have had some pretty wild dreams, they should study you. .

Peace Out, Rob

Anonymous said...

The fact that you have contradictions doesn't make you odd, dear. Everyone is a contradiction-part of what makes us all human. I despise pretenders who try to impress others with their "normalcy". Even psychologists are hard pressed to define it.

You just be yourself and enjoy your special "you".