Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I had a dream

I dreamed that I knocked on the old lady's door, and when she opened it I pushed my way in. I was friendly, but insistent. Then I proceeded to introduce myself and started rummaging through her kitchen cabinets and refrigerator. She was bothered by it and was trying to protest, but I wasn't stopping. I told her I wanted to make sure she had plenty. In my dream, I was a little out-of-character with my pushiness, but it seemed real enough and do-able.

So now, I have this compulsion to see my next door neighbor. The little trailer she lives in is painted all white, and the windows are whited-out. There are pictures of Jesus and Madonna/Mary all over the place. One of each in every window. My landlord told me that she is in her 80s and insists on pictures of Jesus everywhere - including the lawnmower that they use to mow her grass.

Problem is: I've not seen hide-nor-hair of this lady. She doesn't appear to own a car. I've watched for evidence of lights, or cooking, or mail-checking. Nothing. I would even expect to see her peering through cracks in the window just to see all the activity of me moving in next-door. Nothing. So I bought a can of cookies and went over yesterday and knocked. Nothing. I detected no movement.

Now what do I do? I tried calling the landlord and asking him, but he is curiously not answering his phone. Is the old lady home? Has anyone seen her? Should I ask the Priest at the Catholic church around the corner? Call the fire department?
And why do I even have this compulsion, was it the dream?

I'm imagining an "Eleanor Rigby" right next door. If she is there, and is such a shut-in, I really think I should follow through with the instructions in my dream.

Or maybe my imagination is running away with me again. LOL. Won't be the first time.

Have a great week.
MsAmber

No comments: