Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Continuance: The boys decided to quit.
I wish them well.

Today marks officially three months on this project and I am more than 3/4 done with a four-month job. That's a good thing. I do need another tech though if I'm to stay on track.

I am having such an allergy/sinus fit. Sore throat and congestion in my neck. I feel the pressure when I bend over, it feels like my head is going to explode. I woke myself up several times last night snoring. You know that's bad when you snore so loud that you startle yourself. I'll live. Just need to knock this out before it becomes an infection. I've been handling a lot of mold and mildew lately. A bunch of the boxes of cable had gotten wet and when I broke down the boxes, they were full of mold. I knew it would get to me. That's the only thing I'm really allergic to.

Some storms rolled in last night around 9. It was wonderful. The temperature finally broke and it cooled to the mid 70s. It rained off and on all night. This morning it was still overcast with sprinkles. I have the door open and it's nice. So glad to be done with the 100 plus temperatures. That was kicking my ass. One of the only things I don't like about working nights is the unbearable heat of the day when I get up and get out. When it's this hot, I need to get up at 5 am so I can acclimate to the temperature rising. I usually started mowing the lawn at 6 am and I'm ok to work through the day because I heated up WITH the day. You can't just emerge from your air-conditioned house at 11 and start working. You'd have a heatstroke in 45 minutes. Lately though, because of my schedule, I sleep until 11 and it's already so hot outside that it feels like a blast furnace.

I smacked the back of my hand against a piece of sharp concrete last night. It turned purple and swelled a bit. Now it's just a real sore scrape.
Whimper, whine...

I need some alone time. Time to read a book or put on my headphones and jam out. I think my real problem is that I miss mornings. I love my early morning time. The days just don't feel right when you miss the whole morning. I like to sit outside or just open the door and drink my coffee and smoke my cigarette and get my head right. I do my best thinking during that time. In fact: I'm a veritable Einstein at 6:30 am. Solve all the world's ills. Yeah right. LOL.

I should put on a hat and get my butt to work. It's still early, but I like to go in early every day. I took two extra strength headache relief pills that have aspirin, acetaminophen, and caffeine, so my headache just left. I'm ready to roll now.
Gotta go, gotta go.
Have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: