Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A mosque at ground zero. Really???

It feels like a blast furnace out there.

The hospital seemed warm last night also. We were all wet with sweat last night. It finally cooled off to 91 degrees outside about 10:30 pm. The hospital was at least 75 inside, maybe nearly 80.

I've completed my paperwork for the past two days and I'm just sitting here jamming on some music, drinking my coffee, and playing on the 'puter. It's not really morning, but it feels like it to me. I have three hours before I need to be at work, and I'm still in my pajamas. If my mother could see me now...

I try not to get in to social issues on here, but I am quite disturbed by the news of a Muslim Mosque being built at ground zero NYC. I don't think the Feds can really do anything about it because of the whole "protected status" of a religious group. It's all being handled by the media and the private sector. Why don't they just paint a great big bulls-eye on the damn thing. Do you really think that many of the disillusioned and angry Americans are going to pass up on a chance to blow up a Muslim Mosque that was built as an insult? I'm trying to think up the reasons for wanting to build RIGHT THERE a mosque, and the only thing that comes to mind is that it is an insult. I thought that Muslim Americans were just as outraged about the bombings as we. This idea just flies in the face of decency and propriety.
It's like putting a sign in a widow's yard that says: "I killed your husband and I'm not sorry, ha ha ha." and she can't take it down.
At this point, the site of the twin towers should be considered hallowed ground. I know in NYC that buildings come and buildings go, and property values are outrageously high, and everything is for sale to the highest bidder, etc. But can't we stop this? As outraged Americans, can't we stop this? I would rather spoil the ground than see an enemy prosper off it. Burn it. Curse it. Whatever.

Whatever happened to the plans to make a memorial? Has that been abandoned in the name of the almighty dollar, or did all the procrastinators lose their chance?

There is a lot going on in the news that makes me wonder why, but this one simple issue is the one that seems to be ringing in my head the most. I am seeing into the future and I think that the insulting mosque will be a target for anger, and a catalyst for polarization of loyalties. It will divide us. Particularly when the peaceniks begin to take up the banner of the "victims", (who weren't victims to begin with), and all we'll be left with is two sides in opposition. I see a soon end to the complacency that has made us soft, but I'm not a little afraid of how it will break.

Viva la revolucion.

Unfortunately, I know all too well the ignorant scum that is going to wind up on the side of the Loyalists. The haters, bigots, and American Nazis - all with guns.

I'm going to cease this line of thinking for now, it just irritates me.

Have a great day.
MsAmber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Food for thought: The mosque is two blocks away from grounds zero. Question, should all Christians be blamed for the Christian Crusades.