Sunday, August 08, 2010

Hunger makes me mean...

Yep, I finally figured it out.

So. Yesterday my friend Jeremy and I went to Lawton. I wanted an extension cable for my dremel and a power-washer. I saw the Sprint store, and since I've been having problems with my phone for a while, I stopped in. The first thing I said was: "I have a problem and I need you to fix it, and I don't want to spend all day!" They diagnosed my problem as a battery issue and it's not under warranty and they don't have any batteries. So I got a little aggravated and proceeded to eat their faces off while they sold me a new phone and extended my contract for another two years. While they activated the new phone and moved all my contacts over, I went outside for a cigarette. Jeremy said "Remind me never to go into a Sprint store with you ever again!" We had a little heated discussion outside, I finally pulled my head out of my ass and realized that he was right, so I went back inside and apologized for being so awful. I did tell them that my experiences with Sprint have never been good, that something always gets screwed up, but that wasn't their fault and I shouldn't have taken it out on them.
They took a long time, and they said it was because they were transferring over all my pictures to the new phone.
Guess what? My pictures are NOT on my new phone.
Everything else went smoothly though, and my new phone works. I was eligible for an upgrade, but there was an $18 upgrade fee, and the phone cost me $108 (normally $300 or so they said.) and there is a $50 rebate that I need to mail in.
Gosh, Sprint aggravates the hell out of me.

Afterwards, we went straight to Arby's and ate lunch. My temper went away and we had a good day of tool-shopping.
Jeremy observed that I'm impossible to get along with when I'm hungry.

That definitely explains the past year. I went through the summer of '09 only eating fish and rice and drinking black coffee. I was hungry and I was mean.

So there you have it. Hunger makes me mean.

We went to Lowe's and looked at power washers, then we went to Home Depot and looked at power washers. I almost settled for a Honda, but then we cruised through the refurb department and there she was: a Ridgid commercial 3000 psi with a Subaru engine and a rebuildable pump, refurbished with a 3-year manufacturers warranty. Marked down from $600 to $427. I bought an extra 50' hose and a gallon of soap.
She's AWESOME!

I power washed my rv in the dark last night. I just couldn't wait to try it.

We went to Sears and I also bought a flex extension for my dremel and a couple of new tips.

Yesterday was fairly expensive. I'm staying away from Lawton for a while.

I don't consider tool purchases to be frivolous. They are an investment, and I can make money with the power washer. I collect tools, and I have a lot of them, if the world went to hell tomorrow, I can still make my way.

I'm such a freak.

You have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: