Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Two in two days... wow.

We had a very productive night. New Guy is going to work out just fine.

Once again, I woke up too early this morning. Maybe I can get in a nap before work; I'm sure I'll need one.

I found the name for my Sugar Glider.
I remembered a story about a Viking princess; daughter of Erik the Red. During the initial exploration and colonization of North America, the Indians kept attacking and killing the early explorers - these were the "Skraelings", (which is where JRR Tolkien got the idea for the name, I think. I'm just too lazy to look it up and get my facts straight.)
Anyway, Leif Erikkson's sister, Freydis, was pregnant at the time. She tried to rally the men to fight, but they ran away. So she turned to face the Indians, bared her breasts, slapped the sword across her chest and screamed at them. The Indians ceased their attack and turned around and left.

This mental image has amused me for a long time. So I think "Freydis" is the perfect name for my Sugar Glider. She sometimes spreads her arms wide and bares her chest at me and screams... it's just too funny. All she needs is a little Viking helmet and a little sword.

High temperature today of 101. Lovely.
Yesterday was officially the first day of Summer.

I need to brush my teeth, put on a hat, and go get my nails filled.
You have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: