Sunday, December 20, 2009

Biloxi, Mississippi

When I finished El Reno, I hitched up and was ready to leave and discovered that the brakes weren't engaging on the trailer. So I pulled in to Happy Trails automotive: the same guys who installed the rear air-assisted springs on my van. They took the trailer wheels off and discovered that my brakes were completely Kaput. The new brake systems weren't in stock so I drove to OKC to buy four of them at $70 bucks apiece. It took nearly all day to install them. Then, we figured out also that the power wire on the trailer only works one side. The other side doesn't work. So I only have brakes on one side of the trailer. I told the guys that I can't afford any more labor so just install the wheels and I'll take care of the wiring when I get home. This week I need to run new wires over to the other side of the trailer.

I drove to Rob's house and did my laundry. I stole two things: my ceramic grease pot with the little mouse handle, and the feather mattress. I called Rob and told him what I stole and told him that if he wants the feather mattress back, it'll have to wait until Spring. Man, is it nice. It really helps when it's cold in here. He said I could keep it. Thanks, you may have saved my life with that one.

I loaded up equipment and drove down to Biloxi Mississippi. I was joined by Travis and we got the job knocked out in four days. Racks, power, ladder-rack, switchtails, MUXs, CSU/DSUs, PC, KVM switch, alarm monitoring panel and all peripherals. It looks great.

Well, I paid for a week at the RV park here, so I called Chad and he was free this weekend so I drove to Lafayette and picked him up. We are playing in Biloxi this weekend. We walked on the beach yesterday, ate breakfast in Waffle House, took a long nap, ate at the IP buffet for dinner, and watched "Inglourious Basterds" last night. Definitely Quentin Tarrantino's style - but not as much squirting blood as I expected: he typically uses gallons of fake blood, spraying everything red. The last scene is perfectly Quentin though... LOL.

It is now Sunday morning.
I got up early, the dogs were rattling their collars at me at 5:00 am to go potty, so I'm drinking coffee and blogging.
The weather is cool - a high of 55 degrees, but it's still nice. Chad's driveway is completely mudded up from all the rain they've had in the past week. I'm not sure where I can park when I get home. But I have to be off for the holidays, so I'll figure something out.
We still have one more day to play at the beach before I have to worry about that.

I bought a spare serpentine belt for the van. One less thing to worry about. I may put it on next week, when I wire up the brakes on the RV. Always something needing fixed, right?

You have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: