Wednesday, June 03, 2009

I had a bad dream last night.

I threw the dogs in a pond. I noticed that neither dog was swimming, they went straight to the bottom. I jumped in, it was only waist deep. I pulled Spot out, he was just sitting on the bottom, holding his breath and his eyes were wide open. He was waiting patiently for me to pick him up. I grabbed him and tossed him onto land, then I looked for Megabyte. I couldn't find him anywhere. I was screaming for some light, the water was so murky and I was feeling around with my hands and feet. I lost Meg. I felt so bad because he trusted me to find him and I could not. I was panicking and heartbroken when I woke up.
I'm still sad and I'm awake now. Both dogs are just fine, though. Why didn't they swim? And I'll never forget the look on Spot's face, just holding his breath and looking up, waiting for me to get him. It was pure trust.

Shake it off MsAmber, it was just a dream.

I have today off. I'm going to do laundry.
You have a great day.
MsAmber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, as I stopped by to check your blog, I remember seeing Meg the other morning. I was drinking my coffee at the corner of The Lost and The Damned and Meg shows up. He starts his Grrr-Bark-Hi-Hyper dance, we high-five each other, I gave him a doggy treat; I rubbed his head and scratched his belly. Then he was gone. . . Good to hear he is back with you.

Hyper