Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Wednesday Morning

Well, my new company truck is ready to roll. Got the new ladder rack installed.

I got the exhaust leak on my personal truck fixed, and found out that I'm sucking air from the gasket under the carburettor. Tightened it down, but I'm going to need a new gasket. The transmission is leaking a little around the pan also. The truck sounds real good. Found two vacuum leaks and plugged them, maybe that will fix the cold-start and idling problem. Will find out this morning when I fire it up cold. I really just took it in to get the oil changed since I'm 2000 miles overdue, but since I had a captive mechanic; I used the time to have him look over a bunch of stuff for me. (I'm so sneaky sometimes.) It's overdue for the inspection sticker also. Need to get that done before I get a ticket.
I rebuilt the carburettor on the lawnmower and it runs perfectly. Just needs an air filter now and it's ready to roll. I may tackle the rebuild of my truck's carburettor also. It's been a number of years since I rebuilt a quadrajet, but I think I still remember how. I just need a picnic table and some peace and quiet on a sunny afternoon. I can't have the truck down for more than a day, so I'd have to remove it, rebuild it, and replace it in one day. I remember it took me two days last time, but that was the first time I'd ever done it, and setting the floats was tricky. No room for mistakes this time.
I don't have to be at work until 8:00 this morning, but I went to bed early so I'm up early. I'm just sitting around drinking coffee. I'll be nice and tanked up before I get there.
You have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: