Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The chill has subsided

and the rain has stopped.

I don't think I took my jacket off once yesterday.
I found a lady who will dye my hair back pink... when I can afford to get my hair done again. That's going to be a while, though.

Yesterday's paycheck was disappointing. It's my last "training" paycheck, then I will start getting "production" paychecks. Only one day of training on it. Damn. I nearly had a cow. It won't even cover my gas this week, much less smoking or eating. (see where my priorities lie?) I put $5 in the truck, and I suppose I'll just limp along like that this week.

Incredible that a person can work so hard and yet still struggle to pay her tiny little bills. If people don't believe we're in a recession - just send them to me. I'll smack them around a little bit and make them believe it. Heck, just send anyone to me to smack around a little bit. Maybe I'll feel better afterwards.

Smacker for hire! Cheap! Just $5 per smack!
bulk discounts available, some restrictions may apply, author is not responsible for location of smacks, offer not valid in Alaska or Hawaii

At least I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. That's good. My money situation should be set straight by the end of April with all back debts paid. I can see it on the horizon - I just have to get there.

The lead tech with the bad attitude stepped-down yesterday. I was sympathetic, but happy inside. He really didn't have the "wit" (Whatever It Takes) mentality to be a good lead tech. I was hoping Nate wouldn't ask me, and I'm glad he didn't. I just want to be a technician. I've had enough stress and responsibility to last me a while, and it doesn't pay well enough to embrace the stressful lifestyle again. Besides, my crews were usually put together for me and I already had the position of authority. It would be very difficult indeed to get hired and rise to the position within an already established crew. These guys are a little rough around the edges and they like to buck authority at every turn. Wearing improper clothing and neglecting company property is just the beginning of the issues(drive it like it's rented). I'd have to break my foot off in some asses right off the bat! Not a position I want to be in. Nope, I'm happy to be a flunkie right now. Easy cheesy, go home and don't worry about a thing. I sleep very well at night, thank-you-very-much.

Crap! It's after 6 and I still need to shower.
You have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: