Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Darn the extension ladders.

Ah. Yesterday was a long day. Didn't get done until 9 pm. I found out that the majority of these service calls I am to use a BIG yellow extension ladder, and hook it on the span. Yep.

I haven't done much work on extension ladders since my fall. I've done some, just to try and "get back on the horse", so to speak, but not extensively. Those muggers are a bear to move around. They weigh probably 80 pounds and they are huge. (sigh)
I'm going to get quite the workout moving it around and setting it up and taking it down, not to mention actually having to climb it while it is hooked onto spans of cables. Yeah, this is going to be fun.

This company has some strange ways. They don't issue a gas card. They act like they don't trust their employees. Currently there is an issue because they need to change the locks on all the truck beds - they are all keyed the same. Apparently that's a big deal, because techs steal from each other. This is a completely different culture than what I'm used to. I'm used to trust, and responsibility. All the trucks are new, but most have big dents and dingers in the bumpers or sides. They are being beat-the-hell-up.

Hmmm.

Have a great day, I gotta go to work.
MsAmber

No comments: