Thursday, February 26, 2009

Brick Walls.

I seem to have a propensity for finding and hitting my head against brick walls. I'm not necessarily paranoid: the world really is out to stop me from doing what I want. Some companies won't call me back, and I naturally assume that it's because I'm a woman. That's not my imagination, it's (unfortunately) a reality in this business. When I opened my checking account, they offered me a line of credit for overdraft protection. I declined: saying I would never need it. Now, I ask for a small personal loan and they reject me, citing the bankruptcy in 2003. I inquired about a pink-slip loan on the truck-title and it was rejected because the truck is too old.
I partially feel that this is God's intervention. He doesn't want me to pursue the loan avenue, but to continue to make it on my piddling little paychecks. I don't disagree, but it would sure make things easier if I could catch up on my bills with a small loan that I could make payments on.

At work, the silly truck still isn't ready. Three weeks' worth of training pay. Gosh that just kills me. Nobody can make it on training pay.
Again, God just wants me to work it out. No pain, no gain. Struggling is good for the soul, and poverty looks real good on me; I'm losing weight from eating rice with fish and drinking black coffee or Koolaid.

Today is my 14,000th day of life. That's a cool mile-marker. I'm going to have a good day today. I really shouldn't worry so much about money. It's JUST money. They'll print more. Keep working, and things will work out. My DailyOM sent a timely message today:

Bad days contribute to the people we become. Though we may feel discouraged and distressed on our bad days, a bad day can teach us patience and perseverance. It is important to remember that your attitude drives your destiny and that one negative experience does not have to be the beginning of an ongoing stroke of bad luck. A bad day is memorable because it is one day among many good days – otherwise, we wouldn’t even bother to acknowledge it as a bad day. Know too, that everybody has bad days, you are not alone, the world is not against you. Tomorrow is guaranteed to be a brighter day.

Okay, well that's about right. I must agree and keep on "persevering".
You have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: