Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Well, I'm not dead.

...Yet.
I'm trying real hard to get up and go to work.
There's nothing worse than being alone and being sick. I'm sure my dog would have poured me a cup of coffee if it weren't for that lack of opposable thumbs thing. Yesterday, I didn't have the motivation to shower or even brush my teeth. When I had to eat, I heated up a can of soup and sliced french bread, or made a bowl of oatmeal. I got overheated last night so I turned the thermostat down. This morning I discovered it was on 60. My muscles are so sore, it feels like I've been lifting weights, I can feel it in my shoulders when I lift my arms up. Even my skin hurts.
I don't think I could stand to be in here another day just sleeping. I slept most of yesterday, with brief interludes of checking my email or watching "The Dog Whisperer". I got kind of depressed, just wishing somebody would offer me a cup of coffee that I didn't have to pour myself. Yep, I was just a big baby yesterday.
I have got to shake this off. Mind over matter, you know? Take some Advil, kick the muscle soreness, drink a Red Bull and get back out there. I think the congestion in my neck may just be my eustachian tubes. My ears itch and pop inside something awful, it may be drainage in my ears causing my neck discomfort. I've been trying to burn out my tonsils with Orange Juice and hot coffee. I drank a half-gallon of OJ yesterday, and two pots of coffee which didn't keep me from sleeping one bit.
Yeah, a Red Bull sounds real good right now. All the B vitamins and an acidic base would feel real good on my throat. You know what else? I used to get Hot Sour soup from the Chinese restaurant when I was sick. That sounds real good right now, too.
Well, I'm going to motivate towards the shower. I feel a little bit perkier than I did before. Thanks for listening.
MsAmber

No comments: