Sunday, December 28, 2008

The sun is shining this morning.

...but it's cold. Brrrr.
I get the sales fliers for JCPenney and Walgreens in my email so I looked around to see what's on sale. I bought two dresses and a smock from JCPenney this morning, saved 80% off retail. It's 9:30 in the morning and I've spent $37.00 already just sitting here. I stayed up late last night shampooing my carpets. I drank two cokes and had a caffeine buzz going on, so sleep was out of the question.
I intend to go to the laundromat and wipe out the little bit of laundry I have, to get ready for the week ahead. Thank goodness there's work tomorrow, I have a touch of cabin fever. The sun may be shining, but it's derned cold out there.
I bought a Furminator. My aunt Susan bought one for her golden retriever and it works wonders, so I bit the expense and bought one for Megabyte. It removes all the undercoat and reduces shedding by 90%. I know it works, he's never looked better and I've almost gotten a grip on all the dog hair around here. I love the boy to death, but his shedding is unbelievable. Year round he sheds, and it gets worse if he's upset. I've tried other brushes but nothing compares to the Furminator. He feels so soft and clean, too.
Speaking of products that work well. I had a storage cubby that smelled like mildew. I don't know how the water gets in, but I knew I had to get rid of the moisture so I bought this hang-up thing called "Damp Rid". It has a bunch of chemical beads in the top of the bag, and then an empty compartment in the bottom of the bag. I put it in the cubby for a couple of weeks and the bottom compartment started filling up with water. It removed about 4 cups of water from the air and completely dried out the cubby, carpet and all. It still had beads left in it, but the bag was full so I had to throw it away. It's supposed to work until all the beads are dissolved. It was pretty weird, but it worked. I should have taken a picture of it. Strangest thing I've ever seen, and I've seen some weird stuff... They should modify the design to be a top tray with a screen and beads, over a bottom tray for the water, then you could drain the bottom tray and keep adding beads to the top. Unless of course the beads are toxic, then I suppose the closed-bag thing makes sense. Anyway, if you have moisture problems in a closet or something, that's the way to go. "Damp-Rid".
(end of commercial.)
Well, I'm going to run through the shower and get loaded up for the laundromat.
You have a great day.
Thanks for listening.
MsAmber

No comments: