Friday, December 12, 2008

I had a strange night.

I couldn't sleep.
When I got home, I frustrated myself by looking around at all that I have left undone for the past week. I go to work before sun-up and I return after sundown. I had a sink full of dirty dishes, muddy paw prints on the floor, dead insects in the light fixtures, clean laundry in bags on the floor, full trashcan in the kitchen, and a funky smell in the refrigerator. Not to mention I've needed to repack the wheel bearings, clean out my truck, replace the photographs in the collage on the wall, refill the soap dispenser in the bathroom, and finish skirting the front hitch on the trailer.
I had a tummyache and muscle spasms by my kidneys that wouldn't let me sleep. So, I got up and started cleaning. First, I did the dishes, then I pulled out the pine sol and wiped down every inch of walls and ceilings. I took the covers off all the light fixtures and washed them. I swept the carpets and hand-scrubbed the linoleum, set a pot of black-eyed peas to soak, washed the dog dishes, cleaned the toilet, windexed all the glass, and dusted. It was like an OCD nightmare. I finished by 1:00 this morning and went to bed. Slept like a baby. I woke up at 5:44 this morning with the song "Jolene" by Dolly Parton running through my head. I'm not sure what I dreamed, but it included that song.
My tummy feels better this morning, but the muscle spasms in my lower back are bugging me. I did lift some heavy batteries yesterday, then exacerbate that by scrubbing on my hands and knees. I think I'll take some advil and see if that helps.
I'm going to take a shower, haul all the trash to the dumpster, drop off my dirty laundry, vacuum out the truck, buy canvas snaps from Lowe's, oil for my Sabbath lamp and milk from WalMart, change my sheets, and rearrange the pictures in the collage this morning. Then maybe this afternoon I'll attack the refrigerator and shampoo the carpets.
All should be right in the world by sundown tonight.
Now I've got to find that Dolly Parton song...
Thanks for listening.
MsAmber

No comments: