Sunday, November 16, 2008

November 16, 2008


I've been re-dispatched. I leave here in the morning to go to Norman, OK for materials, then off to Amarillo Texas.
I was expecting to be here in Ponca City through December, so I bought $100.00 worth of straw and packed it around the camper to keep the cold out. I insulated my water line, but I'm not sure what else I can do to make this camper winter-proof yet stay road-worthy. With winter coming on, I feel the need to stock up on emergency supplies. I don't really have room to store much, but I feel compelled to do it anyway. I have my generator for electricity which I bought last year, I still need to find a 5 gallon gas can, preferably a metal jerry can so I don't have to worry about it bursting.
I have lots of little chores I need to do: I need to look at the wheel bearings on the trailer. I notice some spin-off of grease, I want to put my grubbies on them to see what condition they are in, then re-pack them in grease. (wishlist: steel wheels and new trailer tires with some awesome tread!) I checked with a welding shop and they would only charge about $135.00 to fabricate a receiver hitch to the frame rails on the back of the trailer. Then I could buy a carrier to put a bicycle, generator, or a little motorcycle back there. I recently scavenged a charcoal grill and I don't know how in the world I am going to haul it around. I don't want it in the trailer and I don't want it in the back of the truck. It appears I'm gonna have to leave it here like the previous owners did.
I took the truck to the shop on Friday, the mechanic only charged me $111.00 for the swing bearing and u-joint. That is a far sight cheaper than the quote I received in Shreveport. I was pleased.
One of the floaters in my eyes has settled exactly in the center of my vision of my left eye. It's aggravating me to no end. I have to focus off-center to read what I'm typing. I hope I haven't misspelled anything.
It's early yet. The sun hasn't peeked it's head up. The weather is supposed to be warmer today with gentler winds. I've gassed up the truck and organized the tools, and loaded up the bed. I've secured all my breakables and shampoo'd the carpet. Today will be a wrap-up, I want to be hitched up and ready to roll by bedtime tonight so I can just drink my coffee and drive away at 5:00 a.m. tomorrow.

Thanks for listening,
MsAmber

No comments: