Sunday, November 23, 2008

Camping in Grandma's Driveway.

I'm here. I made it to Ft. Worth.
I had asked my Dad to research RV parks in the area to find one that was close to family. He talked to my grandparents about it and they all suggested that I park at Grandma's house. They used to have an RV so they wired an outlet for 30 amps and poured a concrete pad. They sold the RV years ago. Grandpa said they wouldn't charge me to park there, so I inquired about cable TV and High-speed internet. After all, that's what I get at the RV parks, right?
I really wanted to wash this truck and RV before I got here, but I couldn't find a truck wash. It's embarrassingly dirty. I'll take the truck to a carwash today and get it shined up, but now there's not much I can do about the RV. They haven't been washed since Ponca City, and that was a very dirty place!
Now I'm sure I need to re-grease my wheel bearings. I got out and let my Dad back it in and was shocked at the squeaking noise this thing makes. It was hideous, and loud.

I was talking to my Dad on the phone as he was guiding me to the right exit. It was Saturday evening at 5:00 pm and the traffic on 820 was busy and slow. I said "How can you stand this traffic?", he said "Aww. You get used to it." I said "Not me, I'm a dirt-road kind of gal."
Since I feel like the country cousin already, I'm really resisting the urge to hang the dork lights out on the camper. Welcome to Yuppie-ville, ha ha haaaa. I need to put on some over-alls, chew on a piece of hay, wear my dirty cowboy hat and go around barefoot. Where did I put that harmonica? Okay, now I'm just being facetious.

I'm really gonna have a great time. They decided to hold Thanksgiving twice. Once today, with Dad and Brenda, my sister and her family, Grandparents, Brenda's sisters and some other people. Then again on Thursday at my Aunt Susan's house with Dad and Brenda, Grandparents, and I'm not quite sure who else.
My Dad has a Pit bull named Mia. She's a sweet girl, but I can't help but worry about putting the two dogs together. The good news is that she's a girl and Meg's a boy. The bad news is that Mia could kill Meg with hardly a thought if she took a notion to. I'm probably worried for nothing. She is a sweet dog and has never shown any aggressive tendencies. It's just personal prejudice against the breed, I need to get over it. Meg has always held his own. I remember when he and Pongo got into a fight. Meg did just fine. Sometimes I wish I had gotten him neutered when he was young. I wouldn't worry so much. Anyway, we've devised that we will introduce them in the front yard with Mia on a leash, to see how they get along before we take them to the back yard (Mia's territory).
I've got to go and give Meg a bath. Can't have him smelling like a dog. Ha ha.
Have a great day.
Thanks for listening.
MsAmber

No comments: