Saturday, November 17, 2007

Interesting tidbits

I just took a walk down memory lane. I cleaned out my jewelry box. I found mementos, tarnished jewelry, "things that are important only to me", and lagniappe.
I have:
a miniature turtle shell - given to me by a little girl who used to go plinking with me.
...a full set of baby teeth - I was the tooth fairy for an adored stepson many years ago.
...a silver cross - given to me by an older couple who entertained me on many a Sunday-after-church-buffet.
...a copper ring that a construction worker cut off the end of a pipe and presented to me on a jobsite years ago. I deburred it with a round file and scratched my initials around it.
...two zippos that need flints and fuel.
...two torch lighters that have flashing LEDs, but are empty of fuel.
...a silver-and-turquoise lighter cover and a custom made lighter cover.
...a waterproof container of matches and a snake-bite kit.
...dozens of miscellaneous buttons (buttons that fell off, and spare buttons that come in a little zip-baggie attached to most clothes from "Ross".)
...an antique rouge container by Cara Nome from Langlois New York.
...a 1920's gold Gruen watch with a broken crystal. I bought it about 17 years ago at a junk auction.
...two little plastic aliens. One is purple. The other is a yellow alien surfing on a missile holding up a "welcome" sign.
...plastic statue of "Pinkie". (From "Pinkie and The Brain" cartoon show, DUH!)
...a bubble-gum-machine ring that has a big pink stone surrounded by clear stones and it's completely adjustable to all ring sizes. A present from the aforementioned stepson.
...my silver-and-turquoise baby ring. I'll have to tell a funny story about it sometime...
...a flashing Budweiser pin.
...a flashing American flag pin.
...a "Future Homemakers of America" pin.
...an owl pin and the spectacles raise up and down.
...a green MDA shamrock pin.

There are many more items, they don't have any rhyme or reason, they just ARE. And I cannot seem to be able to part with any of these things.
Someday maybe.

No comments: