Friday, April 14, 2006

Vacation Day #2

Last evening after I blogged, Kandelyn came over and we double-teamed the house cleaning. She did her normal chores and I Pledged the furniture and cleaned the glass. Then we moved out the old recliners and unloaded the truck. We re-arranged the livingroom. We finished at 9:22 exactly.
This morning I woke up earlier than usual, I wanted to beat the heat. Mom and I cleaned out their shop building. It's a 15X20 outbuilding with a loft. I get to climb on the ladder and put the stuff up in the loft. I stacked all the lumber across the beams up there and then I put boxes, coolers, pet taxi, wicker baskets, and old plastic flowerpots. Then we went through several boxes full of castoffs that were never given away or sorted. It seems we have a plethora of medical equipment out there. Bedpans, toilet booster seats, knee braces, foot braces, crutches, walkers, canes, all those plastic tubs that they give you in the hospital. I bet there is enough equipment out there to supply a small nursing home. Oxygen tubing, support hose, specialty undergarments, girdles, ...
We did find the original manual and accessory kit for my sewing machine. I was glad to retrieve that. We waited for Dad's nurse to come and check him out and give him a breathing treatment, then we went to lunch. I drove "Miss Daisy" to Ruby's restaurant in Purcell for some big ol' hamburgers and french fries. Then we drove the long way back so we could stop at Northcutts Nursery. Mom bought a new bush, a bag of fertilizer, and a half-ton of river rock. I bought two bags of mulch. I went back with my truck and put plastic in the bed (even though I have a bedliner, I thought it would save me from some dust - NOT.) They dumped a whole scoop of river rock into my truck, you should have seen the bed sag. I'm surprised my springs held out. We drove it home, and I backed it straight up to the house and we shoveled and spread all that rock. It took maybe an hour, but it sure wore me out.
Then I got out the hose and sprayed down the stains in the driveway, we hauled the bags of garbage over to the porch, I rolled up all the hoses and loaded my tools (and some found-treasures) back into the truck, and I was outta there. I'm home now, and it's 7:00 and I am frazzled, burnt, tired, sore, and smiling.

MsAmber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I envy the fact that you're getting your surroundings in order but still, cleaning and organizing does not a VACATION make. What happened to lounging by the side of the pool with frilly mixed drinks??