Monday, April 10, 2006

My impending Vacation.

Well, I haven't heard from everyone regarding that last post, but I decided to move on anyway.
I start my vacation on Thursday, so I have only two more days of work and I am off for a whole week! Woo Hoo! I can't wait.
My neice wants me to replace her ceiling fan with a light fixture, and secure a couple of electrical outlets into the wall.
Mother and Father-in-Law have requested help moving furniture and hanging gutters.
I am going to unload the trees that I cut yesterday out of my pickup bed.
I'm going to hang gutters at MY house also.
I need to erect my summer clubhouse on the back porch. Oklahoma is 'way too hot in the summer to not have shade back there. It's more for the dogs than it is for me.
I want to put out a plastic swimming pool for Brinka, but Rob is against the idea. He says she's just going to make a mess. I say she'll make a mess anyway, might as well keep her occupied with a kiddie pool full of water. It might keep her from dumping over the water bucket. I'm buying half a rain-barrel for watering now, since I don't think she can dump that over. I don't know, she's a strong dog, I have a feeling that "where there's a will there's a way."
All my vines are greening up, my hundreds of bulbs are up, my baby trees are sprouting leaves, my two big willows are almost casting shade. I moved my tropical tree outside for the summer, I halfway bury the pot outdoors. I will dig it up in the fall and bring it back in. I need to get a jump on the aphids. By the time I see aphids on my rosebushes, it's too late. So I need to get them before I can see them. North side of the house is an aphid paradise.
Let's see, what else? That about does it.
I did go out to the farm and did some 'plinking'. That's hillbilly-speak for shooting turtles with a .22. We got about 30 of them. Barely made a dent in the population. I did pull on some waders and picked up 4 big bags of litter. We found green glass bottles from the '50s, several brown Anheuser Busch bottles, hundreds of aluminum and steel cans of beer and soda with brands I have never even heard of. We even found a bottle full of hypodermic needles. That caused quite a scandal. The family has owned that property for over 40 years. Hmmmm.
Anyway, with regards to my last post: Flubberwinkle surprised me. Nicole did not. Bob Hoeppner really surprised me. Zardoz did not.
Thanks everybody.

MsAmber

5 comments:

Flubberwinkle said...

I suspect I suprised you because of my deer control ignorance in another blog. Basically, I'm all for keeping the balance. If we (mankind) have caused this imbalance then we have to help try to get it back. I hope I didn't come off as a pansy but -hey!- everyone cried when Bambi's mother was shot...
:-)
I have this long standing argument with a friend who's a real advocate for wolf rights. Environmentalists breed wolves in captivity to boost the population and then let them loose in the Greek forests and their natural surroundings. These wolves, however, having been near man and therefore not afraid of him, go directly to the nearest villages for food. They'll kill about 10 sheep and fill up with their blood and eat only one. Now, I'm all for conservation, but I'm also for the farmer; who's going to reimburse the farmer for his stock loss? No one. The environmentalists have a clear conscience that they're helping Mother Nature keep the balance and the farmers who have no other means of living are constantly worried that they'll lose more sheep. My friend insists that the farmers are ignorant and I insist that the farmers have rights too. It's a tough call.

Enjoy your week off!

Anonymous said...

ZARDOZ SAYS :

DOES THIS MEAN

WERE NOT GOING STEADY ANYMORE.?



YOU BROKE MY HEART.

== Z ==

Nicole said...

I'm going to go ahead and pat myself on the back for not only answering but for being the first one to do it! ;)

I remember kiddie pools. I tried my best to pretend they were Olympic size, in ground pools like the ones in my neighbors yard. No luck.

Make sure to have fun on that week off. You don't get those too often!

Bob Hoeppner said...

Wow, your vacation sounds like a lot of work! I'm gonna have my daughter for next week's vaca. We plan to see Central Park Zoo, the Disney store in Times Square, Cape Cod, walk up Mount Holyoke, and catch a movie. No chores!

Unknown said...

I would need a vacation after having a vacation such as yours... : )
Thanks for your input on my site, I'll let everyone know what I have decided after Friday. I just wanted to see what others thought.
Have a great time being creative and industrious!
~ch