Friday, March 31, 2006

Yayyyy! It's Friday again!

Another exciting week in Amberville.
Megabyte still has mouth ulcers after taking three antibiotics a day for the past 14 days. The sores are getting better and he can eat dogfood again, but the mystery still rolls on. I had the vet draw some blood and test him for parasites. Negative, and it cost another $45.00, but at least I tried. Dr. Azlin says it's just nerves. I have a nervous wreck of a dog with "separation anxiety". The dog can't stand for me to go to work and leave him. Maybe he thinks I'm not coming back? Vet gave me another bottle of antibiotics, and wants to see him again in another couple of weeks.
Meanwhile - I think my boss has a problem with dogs. It's very interesting, and personally embarassing. Everybody says my dogs are so well behaved. Even the assistants at the Vet's office say my dogs are good. I can take them anywhere. Well, I have permission to bring my pets to work when they have to go to the vet. The vet's office is directly across the street. I brought Brinka, the german shepherd, into work a few weeks back and she nearly bit Paul, my boss. She went off with her very commanding bark and her hackles were up. It was quite intimidating. I apologised profusely, then made Brinka lay on my office floor all day. Paul never came into my office after that. Yesterday I brought Megabyte in. He's been here before, he knows the rules. Everybody likes him, including the mailman. Well, he slipped out of my office and went down the hall. Walked right up to my boss and... Yep, you guessed it - pissed on his trash can.
I was mortified. The boss came into my office to tell me, and I was on the phone. When I finished with my call, I went to see about it and everyone was laughing. I apologised profusely and took the trash can and cleaned it with windex. But my dog is housebroken. What in the blue blazes got into him? There must be something about my boss that my dogs don't like. I swear they have never done this to anyone else. It's just downright embarassing.
I have always been confident that I can take my dogs anywhere. Now I'm not so sure.
I know most of you aren't at liberty to bring your pets to work, but it's a little more casual around here, and also it's a necessity, they wouldn't want me to take off work to go to the veterinarian. It's not inappropriate at all. But pissing under the boss' desk isn't part of the deal.
Just my luck.
I put in to take a vacation... I have the time saved up. Paul and I agreed that April 13th through the 20th would work out great. I just have two more weeks and I'm FREEEEE!
I think I'm going to manicure the lawn, shampoo the carpets, paint the front door, clean the windows, hang rain gutters at the farm, weed my flowerbeds, and enjoy some fresh air and sunshine.
I am soo looking forward to my vacation.
(and I get paid too.)

MsAmber

No comments: