Wednesday, March 08, 2006

This is my 101st post. My milemarker, if you will. In a bout of generosity, I'm sharing a Vargas of myself. Let this also serve as my HNT entry.
Ok, so it's not really me, and it's not really a Vargas. But if Vargas ever DID do a painting of me, I bet it would be just like this.
When I was 14 I got a Dorchester all-in-one stereo. It had a turntable, tuner, 8-track, and cassette capabilities. It came with two bookshelf speakers. My first records were: Bernadette Peters, Barry Manilow, Kool & The Gang, and I believe: Janet Jackson's first album. The Bernadette Peters album became my very favorite. Dude, seriously.
The album cover and centerfold was a Vargas of Bernadette Peters. In the original album, she did a rendition of "This is Dedicated to the One I Love". I can remember the song, but it cannot be found anywhere. It's like the song has disappeared. I ordered the CD from a catalog and had to wait for them to specially make a copy. The CD didn't have the magnificent Vargas that was the centerfold on it; and the song I wanted isn't there.
I know I have discussed with you how it's possible that I might have a screw loose, but I cannot find nor prove that the rendition exists.
Bernadette Peters - This Is Dedicated To The One I Love
I want the album for a keepsake, and I want to hear that song again.
Please, please, anybody. If you have a clue, help me to find it.

MsAmber

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Congrats on your 101st post! :)