Thursday, March 09, 2006



This is the first guitar I was impressed by. It's handmade by the Liberty guitar company, and it's a dobro.

For those who don't know what a dobro is: It's that sound deflector dish in the middle. This guitar has a copper front facing, chrome center, and brass trimmings. I'm guessing that is what it's made of. I really don't know for sure.

I was looking for a guitar for gift at a pawnshop, and I spotted this beauty. I put it in layaway immediately.

My brother was living in Alaska at the time, so the guitar stayed with me for 8 months before I was able to gift it to him. It has such a beautiful sound. I was sorry to see it go.

My new guitar sounds WONDERFUL. I can lighten up on it and play softly to myself, or I can strum away and make the dawgs howl. I'm really glad I bought a red one. Wonder if I can dress it up any without affecting the sound? I'm thinking of a feathered fob hanging off the head, maybe a few beads...

No, I'm really looking for a seriously beautiful strap. That's what I want.

MsAmber

2 comments:

Flubberwinkle said...

And this is where the Internet goes "wink, wink" at your husband... Ms.Amber just dropped a giant hint on her site for what she wants as a present.
;-)

Nicole said...

I know absolutely NOTHING about guitars and that thing still looks awesome!