Monday, March 13, 2006

Poor Megabyte - The Depressed Dog

So, here I sit at work. Everyone else is gone for the day. I have called a customer and I am listening to their HOLD music. I listen for 6 minutes, then the answering service picks up.
Apparently, they are closed for the day. I was really enjoying the Hold music. Some sort of symphony.
Megabyte has mouth ulcers again. He is such a nervous dog. Can't stand to be out of my sight. Doc says he has 'separation anxiety'. I brought him to work with me today, he hasn't eaten a bite, but he's content to lay on the floor next to my chair all day. He acts depressed. I wonder if dogs can be chronically depressed? If so, mine is the poster-boy for depressed dogs. He heaves a big sigh my way, and closes his eyes.
I wonder if they have doggy valiums or antidepressants? Remember the ugly dog on Spin City who was always trying to kill himself? Yeah. We keep belts and leashes and anything else that can be used away from Megabyte. He just might do it one of these days. What a miserable poor creature he is. I think he only hangs on for me. If I leave town for a couple of days, he really sinks down into the pits of despair. I was thinking about a theme song for him. "I'm So Blue Without You". I can almost imagine him singing/howling it. He is a Blue Heeler, after all.
And I thought "Blue" referred to the color of his fur.
Doc gave me a big bottle of antibiotics for him, and wants to see him again in two weeks. Poor guy is so miserable, he can't eat. I wonder why the doc doesn't test him for anything? He just looks at his mouth and gives me pills. Couldn't there be a parasite or something causing this? I hate to see Megabyte so miserable.
Anybody had any experience with a dog with mouth ulcers? I would love to hear about it.

MsAmber

2 comments:

Fightin' Mad Mary said...

My dog never had mouth ulcers - poor thing it sounds painful.
As my girl was getting on in years I would often feed her baby food, it goes down really smooth. Something else she couldn't resist - Liver pate! also really smooth. Since Megabyte wouldn't really have to chew either one, it might be worth trying.

Drea said...

Im sorry to hear about Megabyte.. I hope he gets better soon.