Saturday, March 04, 2006

Looks Like I've Been Tagged

Thanks to Flubberwinkle, I actually have something to Blog.
I've been tagged, and it appears to be a pretty strange meme.

Black and White or Colour; how do you prefer your movies?
Colour definitely. Closed Captioned would be nice too. If I can't read their lips, I do have a hard time understanding what's being said. Quite often, I look over at Rob and say "What did they say?" So we've started turning on the subtitles. Oh what a wonderful invention.

What is the one single subject that bores you to near-death?
Gossip. I can feel my good karma leaking out my ears when exposed to heartless gossip.

MP3s, CDs, Tapes or Records: what is your favorite medium for prerecorded music?
MP3s on a Mini-disk player. Never skips, never destructs, never had a problem with the lazer eye. I can fit hours of music on one disk. I LOVE my MD player.

You are handed one first class trip plane ticket to anywhere in the world and ten million dollars cash. All of this is yours provided that you leave and not tell anyone where you are going ? Ever. This includes family, friends, everyone. Would you take the money and ticket and run?
It's ok. Everybody knows I would be in Brazil. They would look there first. Yes, I would take the money and run off to Brazil. I can swim in the Amazon with the native children, and set myself up in a little river houseboat, and I would be happy as a clam. Oh Yeah! That's the dream.

Seriously, what do you consider the world's most pressing issue now?
As always, welfare of children. I can't believe that it's the year 2006 and we still haven't fixed this One Little Thing. Hard to believe children are starving to death daily.

How would you rectify the world's most pressing issue?
In America
Food: I would require all restaurants, as a condition of doing business, to feed any child for free, we could implement children's vouchers. This may seem harsh, but a precedent has been set with the telephone companies. As a condition of doing business, they have to provide life saving services for free to qualified people. Children should not go hungry just because their parents are spending the food stamps on crack.
The World
Food: I would assassinate any bastard who refuses shipments of food and medicine to impoverished areas. There is no reason ever for children to starve to death, and they do daily. I would 'tax' all the countries a percentage of all their food stores to distribute to areas of drought or disaster to ensure that starvation is eradicated worldwide immediately.
After I solve the food problem, then I will work on medical care, education, abuse, etc.

You are given the chance to go back and change one thing in your life; what would that be?
I would have... oh gosh, only ONE thing?
I couldn't pick one thing. I don't have a single regret. I have a bushel full.
I wouldn't have stolen pop-tarts from that handicapped guy in a wheelchair.
I'll tell ya'll about it someday.

You are given the chance to go back and change one event in world history, what would that be?
I would eliminate the holocaust. That is a big ugly black mark on our report card. AND it was only 60-something years ago. It's no wonder the MotherShip won't return to pick us up.

A night at the opera or a night at the Grand Ole' Opry? Which do you choose?
Half my life I would have chosen the Grand Ole Opry. Now, I would like to see my first real Opera.

What is the one great unsolved crime of all time you'd like to solve?
Where is Osama Bin Laden? Or Who killed JonBenet Ramsey?

One famous author can come to dinner with you. Who would that be, and what would you serve for the meal?
I would like to have Stephen King over for some short ribs, mashed potatoes with gravy, asparagus and some nanner pudding. Sweet tea to drink. I'm going to give him a piece of my mind for the last installment of "The Gunslinger". Then I'm going to act like Kathy Bates and give HIM nightmares.

You discover that John Lennon was right, that there is no hell below us, and above us there is only sky. What's the first immoral thing you might do to celebrate this fact?
I'm going to tear those tags off all my mattresses. Oh wait, that's a crime, not a sin. I'm going to eat a great big ham sandwich and wash it down with a big ol' glass of milk.
Actually, I'm going to run around saying "I told you so".



Thanks Flubberwinkle. This Meme was fun.

MsAmber

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Wow, you own a minidisc player too?? I still got mine though I almost never use it now that I got my iPod. Yeah, I know.

I got tagged with this one too but I was trying to space out my tag responses. Figured you guys might get a little bored if I post too many at once. ;)