Tuesday, February 07, 2006

7 more days till Valentine's Day

Kandelyn's birthday is on Valentine's day. She will be the big 12. She is having a skating party. I'm going, I made the hubby promise to go, my neice Haley is going, and I invited my office manager, Terry, also.
Terry and I are going to get our chubby butts out there and try to skate. I hope no-one brings a video camera. I imagine I can still skate. Haven't tried it in over 9 years, and that was attempting to use inline skates. Before that, I think the last time I went rollerskating was...
umm. Gee. I can't remember. Maybe when I was about 14? Yeah, 21 years ago. But I still remember what it felt like...
Rob muted the television the other night and looked over at me, very seriously and said: "Are you sure you want to go skating? You might be too fragile for that kind of activity."
Me? Too fragile? No way, dude. He said he was just being concerned about me, and he expects me to be laid up all weekend with a swollen ankle or something.
When did I become the kind of person that people worry about going skating? Did I become an old lady overnight? I can still work with the best of them. Sure, I'm slightly chubby and I have an office-chair butt, but nowadays who doesn't? (Ok, unfair question.)
So, next Monday I will let you all know how badly I hurt myself, ok?
Anyway. I'm getting a new guitar for Valentine's Day. I have been admiring a blue acoustic/electric guitar with a beautiful woodgrain design on the front. The back is shallow and curved, so I can reach around it better than most acoustic guitars. This will make it easier for me to take my lessons. Right now, I have to haul my amp around with me, and if I want to practice, I have to plug it in. Also, leaving my electric guitar out in the truck all day causes it to be out of tune. I have to tune it up every lesson.
I'll post a pic of my new guitar when I get it. It's beautiful.
Thank you Darlin'.
MsAmber

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ice is hard, and it never hurts to have a little padding in case you land on your (pardon my French) derriere.

Flubberwinkle said...

Snake is right. Office-chair butts are mighty useful for these kinds of athletics.
;-)
p.s. Your hubbie did good with the new guitar. Sweet thoughtful guy!

Bob Hoeppner said...

Maybe people started thinking of you as more fragile when you started wanting a guitar that would be easier to reach around, I don't know... 8-)

I shudder when I think of any guitar being left out in a truck all day. I can almost hear the warping...

The new guitar sounds beautiful. Looking forward to the pic.

Drea said...

I LOVE SKATING! I use rollerblades when I skate. We are taking our students skating soon.

I also love to ice skate. Have you tried that? Its so much fun. I even skated pregnant... lol. Dont worry I went very slow. Im good at it to. I knew I wouldnt fall.

Nicole said...

That "Thank You Darlin" functions as a pretty cute sign off. I like it!

And I like skating too. But ever since I jacked up my ankle in fourth grade, it's been pretty tiring to roll around for long periods of time. Sigh...

Nicole said...

I just realized I typed "ROLL around." And that's pretty hard to do when you're skating in an ICE rink. Duh!

Maybe I should have typed "sliding?"

MsAmber said...

Yeah, when we go ice-skating I already have "rolling around" imagined.
And I went and picked out my guitar. I changed my mind from the blue with the shallow back to a Red One! It's a full sized acoustic with a pickup and a built-in tuner, plus I'm getting a gig bag.
I picked it out, now I have to pay for it and bring it home.
I think I can hear my guitar calling for me when I leave it in the truck. "Help mee... help me"
MsAmber