Thursday, December 29, 2005

Annual O.C.D. Festival - At My House

Okay. Forgive me for not writing. I've been busy. I know, you are going to say you've heard that before, but truly: I have been busy. The end of December, my body gets these surges of hormones or something that makes me look like I'm on speed. All of a sudden: nothing is clean enough. I cleaned the stove and the ovens, I shampooed the entire house. I shampooed the couch even under the cushions. I moved ALL the furniture. Here's where it really gets creepy... I cleaned and reorganized the under sink areas in the house. I threw away all my saved bottles of shampoo and conditioner (after I mated them into one bottle of each). I re-organized the drawers in the bathroom. All the combs are laying in one direction. All Hair-do-dads are organized by type. The makeup drawer has everything layed out in one layer, organized by type. The kitchen has a ledge around the top all the way around, upon which sits 6 champagne flutes, 12 wine glasses, 5 hi-ball glasses and 5 shot glasses. I washed them all and hand dried them all and put them back up on a cleaned ledge. When I got home today, I had a strange compulsion to do the same with the silverware drawers. AAAAAAHHHHH!
Somebody Help!
I do this every damn year. When will it stop? My back hurts, my hands are raw, my nails are down to the quick, and I have the attention span of a chicken.
This is a severe hormone problem, I think. It's gotta be.
Anybody else feelin' it?

MsAmber

3 comments:

Flubberwinkle said...

The problem with me is that I have biannual OCD Festivals. One is in November, the other around spring. Massive tidying up. When do things get so unorganized again?

David Amulet said...

I will choose to view this not as something sad, not as something hormonal ... but simply as an excellent activity for someone who cares about cleanliness.

If you did this EVERY day, then I'd call a doctor. One of those "special" ones.

Happy Holidays!

-- david

Romeo Whiskey said...

Yes she looks like a Whirling Dervish! Every year the house gets just a little bit cleaner than it was the previous year! Cool having such a clean house, but hate seeing hear walk around like an old woman holding her hand to her back. Poor Girl!