Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Ok, I Give Up. I Dyed It Brown.

Malfunction:
After 13 months of sitting behind a desk, in a dark hole, never being seen by anyone except my co-workers; I dyed my hair pink, and guess what? I had to drive to a customer's site and install a modem!

AH HA! I KNEW there was a conspiracy.

I am tech support, so I get to hide behind a telephone, the anonymity of my position can be a good thing or a bad thing.

Having a female voice typically makes the female customers doubt what you say. I know that sounds like a cop-out, but it's true. One of the guys at work can say the exact same thing and it is totally believed. When I say it: the female customers usually try to argue. Then, when the customer meets me, they see that I'm a brainiac and from then on, I'm the hero. Well, this time I go to a customer's site and I have long bright PINK hair.
Talk about a credibility-buster. I was almost self-conscious.
I pulled it off with little damage to my ego. The install and the test of her ECS was complete in less than 15 minutes, they showed me around and introduced me to all their staff. I turned off a couple of windows firewalls because it interfered with enterprise applications using sql server.
They were genuinely glad to meet me.
I think I'm just a little too conservative to pull off the Punk Rocker look.
I haven't even gotten up the nerve to have my belly-button pierced, and doubt I ever will.

MsAmber Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Nabonidus said...

I admit it, I've been kinda watching and keeping quiet to see how this whole hair saga was going to play out, LOL, my opinion :
I really liked you blonde the best.
Now that you've said something first
about getting rid of the pink.It was kinda neat,I did like it. But AFA
what looks best on you? Blonde, baby.
xoxoLisa :)

Destiny said...

OMG! Is That Mr Charles Ingells of Little house on the praire fame on T.V? I always wished he was my father.

Flubberwinkle said...

I know exactly what you mean about the lady customers not trusting a female tech voice!

But on to the hair colour issue of the day: You look equally good with brown hair, however the pink/red was soooo much more vitalizing and unique!
When my daughter was hospitalized for surgery, there was a very sweet pink-haired middle aged nurse on her floor. I have never met anyone as caring as this lady (and we had been in and out of many hospitals). She was great! Always a kind word to kids, continually smiling and hugging the little ones. I have a very soft spot in my heart for pink haired ladies! You had to change to brown for the "ridiculi", but you still have the heart of a pink-haired lady!
;-)

Drea said...

Hi MsAmber, the brown hair looks just as good.
Im sure that Flamingo Henna hair was pinker than it looked in the picture. It always is.

Earlier this year I had red highlights put in... the thing is the lady who highlighted it for me thought my hair would need a high volume lift to get the red to come out... because my hair is almost black... SO she put a 40 volume hair lift with this red matrix color... and .... wow... my hair was like blood red... Almost a glow in the dark red. It was crazy.

People who saw it told me I passed it off nicely since I'm young looking. And my hair has a choppy look to it... very textured... but I couldnt handle it.

The sunday after I had it highlighted I was suppose to sing a solo.. I could just see it ... bright lights on my head... people thinking "What in the world did the Pastors wife do now! First the Henna Tattoo up her arm... now this?!" haha...

So I went to CVS and got 2 boxes od DARK BROWN hair dye... with those two boxes I managed to tame it down... but it still wasnt fully covered... thats how bright it was.

When I emailed pics to friends they didnt think it was that bright... but owhhh in person it was :-)

Any how. Looks great. I love to switch it up with color and cuts.

Although since my perm and all I went back naturally dark dark brown just incase I got pregnant. :-) I hate dealing with roots growing out... and I dont feel comfortable smelling all the fumes while Pregnant.

Take care,
Drea

Travis or P.T. said...

Hi MsAmber...
Tough luck about with the call out... sounds like something that would happen to me. lol..

Fightin' Mad Mary said...

MsAmber I saw your photo and let out a big sigh of relief. The brown is WAY better than the pink, you make a great blond though so maybe by the spring you'll be ready to head back to that that color.

I'm really disturbed by all the posts about people who color their own hair....please see a professional! It's well worth it - a woman’s hair is one of her most precious resources - treat it as such!

Drea said...

Oh I know Mary,
Since I got my hair fryed by a PRO. Salon when I got my perm... Ive learned a few things about caring for hair.
Getting it conditioned for 3 months was a huge learning experience.
I learned al ot about home hair dye kits... and why they are really harsh on your hair.

Im not going to do that any more.
If I get highlights for the summer or anything I will get it done by a pro.


Amber
Love the lil animated gifs u added 2 ur site.

my verification word is: upuyz

Kinda made me think of "up yours" isnt that bad. Do you see it tho!?

crallspace said...

You live in Norman?
There was a job opening there for the longest time at the university... It would've paid better, but I picked ORE for a reason... many reasons, actually.

Nice dye-job, btw.