Tuesday, May 01, 2012

In Harrisburg Pennsylvania


What an interesting place. I need to show you what I've been driving lately: A big Skytrak forklift. It's baaaad! For 2 1/2 weeks I've been unloading trucks. I've gotten pretty good at that forklift.

I've driven around to get the hang of this place. It's a little confusing, but I'm close to Hershey, PA; the chocolate factory and amusement park. I have some very distant memories of the place. I always remembered being a little kid and being at Hershey Park. I remember getting a plastic candy bar that I filled with water from a water fountain and squirted out. I was fascinated by the little squirty fake candy bar. I know I have been to Hershey Park and my sister was there with me because we had to hold hands. I just have no idea when it was. I just have a distinct memory of the waterfountain, the sunny day, the pea-rock embedded walkway, and the plastic Hershey candy bar. I'm going to try to dream and remember more details about it tonight. Maybe I can pull some more details from the memory.
Maybe I'll call my sister and ask her about it tomorrow and see if the memory jives, she has a phenomenal memory and she was old enough probably to put in into context.

Anyway...
I'm starting a new project here and I should be in this area through the Summer. I'm looking forward to it. There are several caves I want to explore. Indian Echo cavern for one.
I'm going to see about getting family to visit me here, we'll do the touristy thing and have a good time, but when I'm by myself: I'm going to take the cavern tours. That's my favorite thing in the entire world. I imagine myself as an old-time explorer and that I'm the first person ever to see the dark deep crevices that are older than anything you can imagine.

Well, I'm watching a movie. I better pay attention to it - there's a fight scene and I'm missing it.

Peace Out.
MsAmber

No comments: