Monday, June 27, 2011

Cincinnati Ohio (actually Oregonia)

I got leave to rig up and head to my next project in Alpena Michigan, but I have a little time between the two projects, so I routed myself through Cincinnati. I am here visiting with Robbie.

We've had a wonderful time. Getting acquainted again: talking, talking, talking.
Called my brother and invited him and his wife and child to visit, which they happily did last weekend. That, too, was a wonderful visit.

Next, my best friend Lisa (Robbie's sister) will visit on Thursday on her day off.
It's been many years since I've seen any of these people, but I found it quite heartwarming to realize the history I have with all of them.

I've known my brother all our lives, haven't seen him since 2003 or 2005.
I've known his wife for about 28 years.
I've known Robbie for 26 years.
I've known Lisa for 26 years.
I've been "away" for too long.
It was surprising and pleasant to sit around a campfire or sit around a dinner table and just talk with people who have so many years' familiarity.

Well, I'll be heading out of here soon to Michigan, but this was really worth it to steal a little time for some heart-healing.

You have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: