Friday, March 20, 2009

Is it really the First Day of Spring?

I had jobs to do yesterday. I crawled under a trailer and did a full rewire. Laying on my back in the gravel reminded me of my sunburn. Thanks. Nah, it really wasn't bad. I enjoyed my day yesterday.
I finished my early jobs so I called my 5-7 job and asked if I could do it earlier. The guy said he'd meet me there after noon. Cool. I got there and did the pole work and tagging before the guy showed up, then I wired up his whole trailer. It was groovy, and I got done and was back at the shop by 2:30.
Since there was no-one else around the shop to ask for a ride, I started walking. It was sunny and the birds were singing. Traffic was a bear. I stopped at Autozone and asked about the part. Couldn't be found in their automotive bible, so therefor it must not exist, even though I have it in my hand...
I stopped off at a brake shop and asked if they could flare the tubing. The first guy was clueless and tried to tell me that he doesn't know anybody who can flare tubing. I gave him my famous one-brow-up look and said: "..and you do brakes?!" So he went back into the shop and asked the mechanic. Yes, the mechanic said he would do it for me, so I left it with him. Man, I can't believe how many people have no freaking clue! I've been told three times that nobody knows anybody who can flare tubing. So I went to a brake shop where I KNOW they flare tubing, and the front desk guy tries to tell me no. UnFrackingBelievable.
Maybe I'll buy the tools and advertise myself as "The Only Tubing Flarer In Lafayette (Apparently)" That'll get some attention.

Ah, what a hoot!

You have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: