Thursday, August 03, 2006

Damn. Got the Strep. Aargh!

I have been unable to eat. My stomach is ill, my head hurts. I left early from work on Tuesday and had to pull over to the side of the road for a two hour nap before resuming the drive home. I got home and laid down and crashed for 5 more hours. I got up and ate a cookie, I complained to husband that I had a headache, so he gave me two ibuprofen. I puked. My headache escalated into the most painful thing I have ever felt (comparable even to the time I had appendicitis for 17 hours). I tried a Hydrocodone. Puked that up. It felt like I was sweating from every pore in my body. Little needles coming from every sweat gland. I was sooo miserable. My shoulder and ribs on my right side hurt, my neck, my head, oh how miserable.
I went to the Dr on Wednesday. He gave me a strep test. Work doesn't want me to come in, so I don't share my illness with everyone.
I have a scrip for antibiotics (which always give me the runs and a nice stomachache), and another scrip for an anti-nausea medicine Phenergan, and another scrip for migraines. I think I'll just store the migraine scrip away for emergencies. It's a little overkill, don't you think?
Anyway, still having a hard time eating anything. My stomach is really sensitive right now, anything I eat hurts badly. I just had some Chunky Chicken Noodle soup and I appear to be holding that down ok. I finally got up and cleaned the bathroom. Nothing quite as fun as cleaning up your own puke when you are nauseous. I need a shower, but I just don't have the energy. I need to vaccuum the floors. I need to change my sheets. Gosh, where is my energy? This is just too damn depressing for words. I'm burning up and too tired to move. Argh.

MsAmber

No comments: