Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Does Jesus wear a Yarmulke?

Hey! How come I've never seen a rendering of Jesus wearing a Yarmulke or some Hassidic curls?
Hmmm?

The Attitude of the Three Hairs.

Once a lady woke up and looked in the mirror and saw that she only had three hairs left on her head. So she said to herself "I think I'll braid my hair today." She did, and had a wonderful day.

The next morning, she awoke to find that she only had two hairs on her head. She thought to herself "I think I'll part my hair down the middle today." She did, and had a fabulous day.

The third morning she awoke to find that she only had one hair left. So she said to herself "I think I'll wear my hair in a ponytail today." She did, and had a very fun day.

The fourth morning she woke and found that she had no hairs left. She looked at herself in the mirror and thought "Yay, I won't have to do my hair today!"

This is my personal reminder to myself that it's not about bad things happening, it's how we deal with them that matters.

Yesterday on my way home from work, the fuel pump went out on the truck. It was cutting out, so I turned off the air-conditioner and limped down the berm to Jiffy Lube. The truck died in the parking lot, so we pushed it into the bay. I suggested that my fuel-filter was clogged and asked them to replace it. The new fuel filter didn't fix the problem, so I checked the fuel-pump relay (I swapped it out with the brake light relay). That didn't solve the problem either. So I talked with the boys at the shop and they suggested that it would be easier to remove the bed from the truck to get to the in-tank fuel pump, than to drain the fuel tank and drop it. I walked to the parts store and bought a new fuel pump and had the truck towed home.
I worked on those 8 bolts for 4 hours. They were tough. I broke one ratchet and bent a box wrench getting the bolts broken loose. It got dark. I put on a miner's light on my head and kept working. I got the bed of my truck unbolted, then I grabbed a hoe and a rake. I propped up one side with the hoe, then propped the other side up with the rake. I put a concrete block on the frame, just in case the bed fell, it wouldn't crush me.
You can see where I'm going with this right?
I figured out the wierd retaining-ring mechanism that holds the pump, filter, and gas gauge float inside the tank. I replaced the fuel pump all by myself. Rob got home and he helped me put the bed back on the truck and he cleaned up my mess and swept the driveway. I finished everything by 1:00 a.m.
I'm pretty proud of it. Rob said if he were here, he wouldn't have let me tackle the job, but I'm pretty proud of the fact that I figured that one out myself and saved about $300.00 in labor. An impact wrench would've sure made the job easier though.

It was hard work, I've been pretty sore all day and I can't get the grease out from under my fingernails. Ha! That is sooo me!

Have a great week Ya'll.
MsAmber

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DEAR MS AMBER

.......MY HAT OFF TOOYA...


=ZARDOZ=

Unknown said...

Wow, you are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Ms Amber, I think you know the answer, anyway, it looks like you have a new job, how is it going? How have you been? Jennifer quite at inSERVIO, I bet they miss you.

Roland