Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Current Affairs.

I've been watching the World News on BBC for several weeks now. At first, I was excited because they appeared to cover the Israel/Lebanon situation better than the American News programs. Now, I am seriously in doubt as to whether I should continue watching. There is a decidedly anti-American agenda, and I thought Great Britain were our allies.
I shouldn't turn my head just because the news is unpleasant to watch, but they really aren't reporting on the side of keeping Israel as a state. It seems as though they consider the bombing of Lebanon to be an over-reaction on the part of Israel over the kidnapping of two Israeli soldiers.
I understood the situation to be more about the Hezbollah organization terrorizing Israel and by not being in compliance with U.N. resolution 1559. Calling for the disbanding and disarmament of all Lebanese militias, and for a free and fair presidential election in Lebanon. This resolution was passed in 2004 by the U.N. Security council.
I'm still not sure I understand the importance of keeping Israel as a state except that there are many neighboring countries with a claim on the holy land and the fighting would continue over that Big Old Rock. I think Israel should be sold to the Vatican (They can afford it) and turned into Disneyland/Holy Land. We could sell tickets to all the pilgrims and develop the area into a multi-religious melting pot. The newest vacation hotspot of the pious.
I don't know about you, but I don't think God is on anybody's side on this one. It's just a piece of land for goodness' sake.
I do know that the more we interfere with Middle Eastern land issues, the more it seems we become the problem, and therefor a target for terrorist acts.
BBC news really makes me want to gather supplies and head for the hills.
Cox Cable channel 173.

Any intelligent input is duly requested.
MsAmber

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ZARDOZ SAYS :

IF I MAY BE SO BOLD ,

PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THIS SITE:

FOR ME ITS TRUE ,,AND EVEN WORSE

http://ifamericansknew.org/cur_sit/

thanks ms amber

MsAmber said...

Zardoz,
Thank you for the link. I will read the entire site (as I always do) and comment more later.
MsAmber