Monday, February 20, 2006

The Bermuda Triangle - My Theory

This is my theory of the Bermuda Triangle.
I saw the recent television documentary about the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle, whereas they blame the sinking of the ships and planes on large methane pockets erupting and creating bubbles.
They couldn't be more wrong.

I remember experiencing firsthand the phenomenon of sound transmission through convex dishes. I was at a museum, playing in the childrens' area (nevermind how old I was), and they had two dishes facing each other across the room. The interactive part of the display was to whisper into one dish and the person at the other end of the room could hear you clearly. The shape of the dish concentrated the waves and sent them in a tight line across the room to the receiving ear at the other end. I had an epiphany.

What if we have natural dishes on Earth? These dishes on Earth would have been collecting whatever noises/energy waves are coming in, and beaming them back in a concentrated stream. What if there were three of them? As in: A Triangle. These three dishes may be oriented in such a way that their concentrated beams cross, along with the scattering affect of the surface of the ocean. Voila' We have a Bermuda Triangle. The radio beams would interfere with communications, the concentrated electrical energy would kill an engine, maybe magnetically interfere with navigation...

(Insert Einsteineum unintelligible formula here)

We really need to get some good equipment out there to test these theories. I'm willing to devote my entire life to understanding the Bermuda Triangle. All I need is a large Yacht, a couple of cabana boys, I mean, deck-hands, and a sizeable research grant.

Take that: Flubberwinkle.

MsAmber

4 comments:

Flubberwinkle said...

I bow in respect and acknowledge defeat.
Flubberwinkle-MsAmber, 0-1

Anonymous said...

zardoz says:



S H E E S H ,,, GIRLS






ZARDOZ

Bob Hoeppner said...

We had electrical problems on the submarine in the Bermuda Triangle, but I think it may have had more to do with the injection temperature of the water, and the air conditioning didn't work as well.

Nicole said...

You just, uh, let us know if you'll need any assitance conducting that research, MsAmber! ;)