Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I Hate Amoxicillin!



SIDE EFFECTS: Side effects due to amoxicillin include diarrhea, dizziness, heartburn, insomnia, nausea, itching, vomiting, confusion, abdominal pain, easy bruising, bleeding, rash and allergic reactions.

Confusion? Well that explains my losing my temper with a clearinghouse representative who was telling me what we needed in certain loops and segments of an electronic claim via our processors. I started writing it down, and after about the 6th item I abruptly stopped him and said "Can you just email me the companion document?"
Dizziness? That's what I'm taking it for. I have an inner ear infection and tonsillitis, and it's causing me to be dizzy when I stand up or turn around. Like a mild vertigo.
Abdominal pain? Yep. That explains why it hurts to press here, and here, and here.
Diarrhea? Check.
Heartburn, nausea? Hell, that's normal for me. I have an ulcer.

I don't have the insomnia, itching, vomiting, easy bruising, bleeding, rash or allergic reaction. I suppose I should be grateful. Or maybe they just haven't started yet. I'm only on day ONE.

This is the second time I've ever thought the cure was worse than the disease.
The antibiotic regimen given for H.Pylori ranks right up there with the worse stuff you could ever take to "cure" an ill.

Can anyone tell me why all my muscles are sore? All I have is tonsillitis and an ear infection. So why does it feel like I've been beat up by a bunch of Lilliputians? That's not on the list of side effects, and I wasn't sore before I took them.

I'm going to feed the dogs and go to bed.

MsAmber

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Heh, you couldn't have been THAT dizzy if you had the strength of mind to pronounce "companion document." I can't get that out under pressure on a GOOD day! ;)

I hope you feel better ASAP, MsAmber!

Flubberwinkle said...

Your body is fighting a bacteria and here comes Mr. Amoxicillin in his waving cape and tights, "Stand back. I will make the cell walls of the bacteria leaky and then I'll kill it". Your body goes: "Yeah, Dude!" because it wants to be beter soon, so everyone (i.e. cells) who's healthy chips in. They're leaving muscle health aside for now. Everyone is occupied with Mr.Amoxicillin's mission.

That is the Flubberwinkle version of why your muscle are sore. I just hope it made you smile! Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I HATE IT TOO. I have the most terrible rash and diarreah and nausea and dizzyness and its horrible ! Im so angry :(((((