Friday, November 11, 2005

My most recent piece of art


Whilst I was browsing, saw a picture of a stained glass lion that I liked. So I decided to make one for myself. I drew this freehand on my sliding glass door. I found glass paints at the craft store (Michaels). I drew this freehand and painted it with gold, yellow, tan, green, pearl and clear holographic. This paint is really fun to work with. If you mess up, just let it dry and peel it off. It dries like clear rubber. I painted a yellow rose in the upper left corner. I next intend to put a coat-of-arms on the door below the lion.



I think I'll save the rest for my webpage. I have other pictures of work I've done.
I'm not an artist, I'm just restless.

MsAmber
www.wildernessgirl.com Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

MsAmber said...

More of a hippie, I think. But I'm beginning to realize that it could be interpreted as a feminist symbol, or maybe even homosexual. Hmmm. But I think she's cool. I'm sorta stuck in the '80s myself. I wear dresses all the time, and I don't color-coordinate well. I think all colors go together, and everything goes with my brown suede boots.
But I'm just a blonde, what do I know?
(chuckle)
MsAmber
p.s. I don't know if I've ever been to Purvis or not. I was young when we lived in Pelahatchie.