Saturday, November 05, 2005

Introducing MsAmber


This is a picture of Me.
I am an action figure.
I can do anything I set my mind to.
I am a Scorpion and a Dog.
I am strong, comforting, faithful and loyal.
I am kind, generous, and of good character.
I am hardworking, fallible, and optimistic.
I am smart, creative, funny, and curious.

I am changing.
I am a free thinker.
I am MsAmber.


So this doesn't fit in a recognised standard for prose, but it's my poem.

I feel different. I mean, I FEEL like I'm detached from the rest of the world. I keep saying, as an overused expletive, that "I want off this planet". I have come to think of these issues as my reasons:
1. Wouldn't Jesus be angry if he saw the profiteering in the name of his birthday? If I recall: He overturned the money changer's tables in the temple.
2. What about a television show named "Sex and the City" being advertised between cartoons on Saturday morning? Not to mention feminine hygiene products. How inappropriate!
3. Isn't the feminine issue regarding the toilet seat being put down just reverse sexism? I think we should ALL watch out where we sit. I would rather it be left up all the time, so I can put down a clean seat when I wish to go. After all: we are responsible for our own wet a$$e$.
4. Teen rights. I think teenagers should have the right to be wherever they want to be. Skateboarding on the capital steps? Sure. Getting lawful employment at 15? Absolutely. Just like any other citizen. They should be able to speak to a judge regarding infringements on their personal rights- by their parents, teachers, or other authoritative persons.

Do you have an opinion on any of the above? Fire away. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

trise7en said...

Totally agree.